Decline in interest from new car dealers
They suspect this decline to stem from an outdated order system and order flow procedures.
The order flow was difficult to navigate around and no longer met customer needs. As a result, more potential customers began selling other car brands.
On top of that, the oldest cars in the car dealers' stores were not always the first ones being sold. A challenge that meant it was difficult for both Nic. Christiansen and the individual car dealers to achieve their sales goals.
Consequently, from the start of the project a strategy was set up to support Nic. Christiansen's vision of being the car dealer’s preferred partner.
Optimizing the end-to-end sales process
With DynamicWeb it was possible to create a lot of new and efficient solutions to support both sales and end-customers with automated processes:
- Abespoke Self-Service Portal that embraces their entire sales system
- A dashboard with an overview of everything from sales figures and sales goals to what cars the dealers have in stock and what models they need to order
- Configuring ordered cars directly to the end customer - this was groundbreaking
- Enabling all dealers to search other car dealers' warehouses to optimize the sales process according to the First in-First out principle
- Car dealers can follow the cars from ordering at Nic. Christiansen for delivery as well as see current and past orders and invoices
- A portal that allows Hyundai dealers to keep their customers informed of everything from when an ordered car is put into production to when it is shipped and delivered
- Optimizing internal workflows by removing manual work and automating processes
The project specifically focused on Hyundai car dealers and ended in a new user-friendly ordering system that makes it easy to both order and configure cars directly to the end customer
The system is designed in such a manner that a car dealer simultaneously both reviews the configurator and searches for matching cars on stock at other Hyundai dealers.
This allows the Hyundai dealers to sell the cars according to the FIFO (first in, first out) principle.
The new portal also allows Hyundai dealers to keep their customers informed about everything from when the car is put into production to when it is shipped and delivered.
A dashboard gives the individual dealers an overview of everything from sales figures and goals to what cars they have in stock and what models they need to order.