Meet Anders Kold Olesen
A PIM Consultant is born
a PIM system is a powerful tool that can help businesses improve their product data management, streamline their workflows, and provide a better customer experience. Anders is one of three PIM Consultants who help set up a PIM system for a range of international customers.
The work of a PIM Consultant
With the customer in mind
Anders Kold Olesen looks in the screen and frowns. This challenge is not one of the easier to crack. Next to him is two more experienced PIM Consultants, who might know the answer to his problem. He turns to the screen again and spend another minute and then get up to walk upstairs where more help is to be found.
“I might be able to get through it on my own, but my job is also to answer to customers in terms of how long time a project is taking, and I wouldn’t feel right about it if I didn’t spend my time more efficiently on the customers behalf,” he confesses while walking upstairs.
The PIM team consist of a PIM Product Manager, a Quality Assurance Specialist and three PIM Consultants.
Anders’ work consists of helping customers organize product information such as descriptions, specifications, images, pricing, and other details in a single, unified database, and allows them to distribute that information across multiple channels such as eCommerce websites, marketplaces, mobile applications, and print catalogs.
Understanding the problem
Being the consultant the customer needs
He got the job during his “in-between period”, as he calls it. “I had just dropped out of my study program and didn’t know what waited for me, but studying economics wasn’t for me,” Anders admits.
Shortly after sticking his head into Klaus’ office, they walk together downstairs to Anders’ PC.
Klaus takes a look at it and exclaims “Oh, that’s not good, you might want to try doing….”, Klaus says. The two of them continue the discussion and after 15 minutes Anders is back on track.
“I enjoy solving problems for customers and slowly I become more confident and also better at understanding how the system can help solve problems for them,” he says.
I’ve learned that what matters is getting to the right solution with the customer. It can be very different what kind of data set we are working with and how mature the customer is at handling data.
Facts about PIM
- Improved data quality: PIM systems provide a centralized location for product data, which ensures that all product information is accurate, up-to-date, and consistent across all channels.
- Increased efficiency: With a PIM system, businesses can streamline their processes and workflows, reduce the need for manual data entry, and eliminate data silos.
- Faster time-to-market: PIM systems enable businesses to launch new products faster by automating data collection, enrichment, and distribution across all channels.
- Enhanced customer experience: By ensuring that all product information is accurate and consistent, businesses can provide a better customer experience and increase customer satisfaction.
- Better analytics and insights: PIM systems provide businesses with detailed analytics and insights into their product data, which can help them make more informed decisions and improve their product offerings.
- Overall, a PIM system is a powerful tool that can help businesses improve their product data management, streamline their workflows, and provide a better customer experience.